Thursday, May 21

Asking Good Questions

This exercise isn't just between husbands and wives. Do you ask yourself good questions?

What is my mission in life going to be?

Who is my Master?

Am I using my time wisely?

Does my life style reflect my beliefs?

These questions can be asked of your children as they grow. Add to this list the all-important question of 'Who will my mate be?'

Questioning myself in a positive way can change my mood. Questioning a child with good questions can help them think for themselves in a good way.

Good questions need to be thought-provoking, not idle chatter or accusations.

Learning to ask good questions can affect your relationship with God as well. There are many questions in the Bible that sets my thinking right:
"Where can I go from your Spirit?"
"Where can I flee from your presence? (Ps 139:7-8)
"Do you not know, have you not heard? The Lord is the Everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth." (Is 40:37-38)
"Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." (Ps 121:1-2)

Aren't these questions better than asking myself:
Where is God? Doesn't God know what I am going through? Is God really interested in me?

Asking good questions of my faith, can turn my doubts and fears around. I start to focus on God's sovereignity and it forces me to answer my questions based on Truth.

Reflect on your questions and then see if making small changes in those questions won't change your thoughts and your conversations.

No comments: