Thursday, May 28

Gardening for dummies

Barb put gardening 101 as her title but I think it should be called Gardening for Dummies! As of Thursday last week I had no idea what I was doing! I had never picked out a plant or shrub before....the most I had purchased was a hanging basket of flowers as a gift.

I got a crash course in plants, shrubs, flowers, fertilizer, watering, etc, etc. It's overwhelming in the beginning, but the results are beautiful.

Thus far, taking the time to water, enjoying the smell of the soil and soaking in the beauty of the plants, has allowed me to appreciate the beauty of God's great earth. Such color. Such variety. Such creativity!

I had no idea how many different plants and shrubs and flowers there were and how unique they each are. All of this makes me wonder what the garden of Eden must have been like? It must have been the most luscious green, the most vibrant colors. I can't even begin to imagine.

I'm looking forward to watching my garden grow...taking the time to get outdoors and breathe in the fresh air, time to step away from the electronics and enjoy a bit of nature in my own yard.

Now the question is, will I be able to remember to water my garden often enough that I will keep these little plants and flowers alive and growing? We'll see!

No comments: