Tuesday, May 22

What's your strength?

"In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.” Isaiah 30:15

This verse has been popping up everywhere lately it seems – a friend mentioned it and I've come across it repeatedly. When that happens I start to pay attention (seems like the smart thing to do, wouldn't you say?).

I guess the question I want to ask is, "As a wise woman where does my strength come from?" When the dishes are overflowing, the to-do list seems endless, the floors are dirty, the prayer requests are overwhelming and the bills need to be paid…where does my strength come from?

So often I find myself trying to come up with my own strength to face the day. But according to Isaiah 30, I should pursue quietness and seek after confidence in the Lord for my daily strength.

Strength and quietness? I wouldn't have put those two words together. That's why I know I have a lot to learn on this journey as a wise woman.

Here's a question to ponder: where does your strength come from?


No comments: