Monday, October 1

I Don't Have the Time...But I Can't Say No"

We women have a tough time saying 'no', don't we? There is always one more thing to do or one more thing that we WANT to do. Can I share briefly in the coming days a 'visual' that has helped me sort out my priorities? I think every woman loves shoes...so that is the visual I will work with over the coming days. SHOES! We can only wear one pair of shoes at a time so let's take a look at what we can learn as a woman from wearing shoes.

Before a woman can select the shoe she needs to put on, she needs to realize what it is that she will be doing. That is really what we are talking about--priorities. When I first get out of bed in the morning, I am barefoot and that is where my day begins. I visualize myself coming before the Lord, barefoot, ready to meet with Him about my day. If I start each day asking God for direction, protection, forgiveness and peace of mind, I can be assured that He will direct my steps and my choices as I talk with Him through out the day.

Barefoot, I am not trying to impress anyone, I am without pretense or protection. I am standing before my Lord, asking Him what I need to change within my heart before I head out for my day.

Before we get to putting on our shoes, we need to deal with our feet. Jesus washed the feet of His disciples. He came to earth to serve, not be be served and as a mom or as a wife we are constantly asked to serve. I have found when I visualize myself barefoot before the Lord in the morning, I am asking Him for strength and direction for my day of service.

Think about it...your barefeet, waiting to get your marching orders for the day, from the Lord. That should get you off on the right foot!

No comments: