Tuesday, October 30

Who has time for homemaking?

This is my schedule from today and for tomorrow.....

Tuesday:
Get up
Go to work
Go buy dress for husband's work party this weekend
Go to hospital to see new baby nephew (yeah, I'm an aunt!!)
Get home at 9:15 to see my husband who just got home from traveling

Wednesday:
Get up
Go to breakfast meeting
Go back to hospital to visit baby nephew again with my husband
Go to appointment
Go to the club (need to fit into the dress I just bought!)
Get home late afternoon
Small group coming over at 6:30

We are women. We are wives. We are moms. We are siblings. We are aunties (yeah again!). We are business women. We are busy women.

Very busy. And I don't even have kids!

So how does one fit in the role of being a Homemaker? I looked up the definition of Homemaker just to see how it was defined and this is what I found:

home·mak·er
[hohm-mey-ker] Pronunciation Key –noun

1.a person who manages the household of his or her own family, esp. as a principal occupation.

A Homemaker is a person who "manages" a household. I get easily overwhelmed at the idea of managing my home. I live in a town home with just two people and it has taken me six years to grow into this role of being a Homemaker -- and I am still growing. I have so much to learn about pulling on my boots and getting to work. I'm learning to balance my time, my schedule, my busyness and my priorities.

I'm curious....how do you all view your role as a Homemaker? Overwhelming, exciting, a blessing, a lot of work? How are you learning to balance your roles? Please share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Flylady...she makes a task doable!

Anonymous said...

I used to see keeping my house clean as an overwhelming task that needed to be done. With good imput from friends and helpful tips like this blog, I am finding it to be more of a blessing...a privilege to provide a memorable and beautiful home for my family! My house isn't cleaner, but my attitude is better.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to have a cleaning lady come to my home (maybe someday). But I know that I am learning valuable skills that I will be able to teach my children. Sometimes it seems like the tasks of a "homemaker" will never end but I am thankful for the home God has blessed us with.