Monday, June 4

A dear friend told me last night that she was praying for me. Her words touched my heart deeply. Just knowing that I have a friend lifting me in prayer encourages my soul and fills me with joy and gratitude. I have been praying for her as well and consider it a privilege to bring her requests and desires before the Lord.

If you are a mom with young ones at home you may feel that you have little time to spend with friends and few opportunities to bless those outside your home. I encourage you to view this season of life and your time at home as an incredible opportunity to pray for family and friends and whomever - or whatever - God lays on your heart.

As you go throughout your day...making breakfast, walking to the park, picking up the house...lift up your loved ones. Pray God gives them a word of encouragement that day, a sense of his peace or presence, that they would know they are loved.

Consider taping a note card to the front or back of the door of each room in your home. On the note card write a list of names. Every time you walk into that room choose one of those names to pray for.

Not only will you bless others immensely, but you too will be blessed!

No comments: