Tuesday, June 26

Vacations and Your Husband!

I have had the privilege and responsibility to work along side my husband in several businesses during our marriage. I have seen first hand the day to day stress a man is under to provide for his family so I would be remiss if I didn't post a blog about HIS vacation. Men need a vacation too. I think there may be too much said about a wife and all her responsibility and that voice gets heard above the one that says a man needs to know he can look forward to a vacation where his wife enjoys his company. I don't want to write about WHAT to do with your husband on a vacation, with or without kids, but rather to encourage young wives to practice taking vacations with your husband while your family is young...or even before you have kids. Practice taking a vacation from nagging, from criticizing, from worry, from 'keeping up with the Jones'. Practice talking with enthusiasm, encouragement, optimism and wearing a smile around your husband. It used to be said that a home is a man's castle...I don't know about that, but it does need to be a place where he is welcomed and where he anticipates a time with his family that renews and satisfies him. When you take off for vacation, talk with your husband about his expectations, what he wants to see and experience and then tuck that away and make an effort to make your husband's desires become a bit more of a reality. I know it is alot to cover and you have your hands full with the kids, but being aware of your husband's time away will only increase everyone's time to enjoy and grow closer together.

No comments: