Thursday, December 20

The Nativity Story

There seems to be an unplanned theme in our postings....

Last week I wrote about a book called Unafraid based on the life of Mary. Barb wrote about Having a Mary's Christmas. I wrote about the nativity sets I have in my home this year.

Today I want to continue that theme by recommending you ALL go and rent The Nativity Story if you didn't watch it last December when it was released.

While the budget was probably fairly limited, and the acting may not be academy worthy, the story itself is truly so incredible and miraculous (and even so unbelievable at times that I have to remind myself it is not just a story) that there is no doubt it will change the way you read the Christmas story!

Mary is such a brave and obedient young girl. Joseph so courageous. I will not view my nativity sets the same way ever again. I have a greater level of respect for both of them and couldn't help but thank God for choosing the people he did to bring forth the life of Jesus.

So if you are spending some time at home or with family this weekend, go pick it up. It will be well worth your time!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: