Wednesday, April 1

Blessing Baskets

Everywhere you turn these days you see Easter baskets....wicker, plastic, stuffed...you name it and it seems to be available. They are loaded with toys, candies and other goodies.

I love gift-giving so a few years ago I made Blessing Baskets instead of Easter Baskets. I gave them to family and a few friends so they would know what a blessing they are to me.

I included some candy, a note to whoever the recipient was, and the following prayer along with jelly beans:

The Jelly Bean Prayer

Red is for the blood He gave,
Green is for the grass He made,
Yellow is for the sun so bright,
Orange is for the edge of night.
Black is for the sins that were made
White is for the grace He gave,
Purple is for the hour of sorrow,
Pink is for the new tomorrow.

A bag full of jelly beans,
Colorful and sweet,
It's a Prayer,

It's a Promise,
It's an Easter Treat!

This was just a small token to let people know that I was grateful for the blessing of their presence in my life. And it put a little bit different spin on the typical Easter basket.

Do you have ideas of ways to bless others this Easter? If so, please share! We'd love to hear everyone's creative and inspirational ideas for both kids and adults!

No comments: