Friday, March 16

Blackberry love

I hate my husband's Blackberry. This small hand-held wireless device is constantly distracting him. We go out to dinner (or anywhere) and I catch him checking his e-mail or playing games on his Blackberry.

We even have a friend who calls it Crackberry, because it is so addicting. I've told my husband repeatedly that I don't like his Blackberry.

That was until I received a love letter sent from...his Blackberry.

Here’s a snippet of the love letter I received:
“Just sitting at the airport thinking about how happy I am to be married to you. I think about all of the stupid things that I have done and how you have loved me through it all...I am happy to be in marriage with you and to share my deepest feelings and fears with you. I am thankful that you listen to me and love me no matter what I say or do.....

Thanks for laughing with me.
Thanks for crying with me.
Thanks for loving God so much!

I am very proud to call you my wife. It has been an amazing, difficult, fun six years of marriage. I pray that six years from now I will be able to look back and smile about all of the things we have been through together....."

Although I do believe the Bible is God’s love letter to me, it was so good to receive this letter. It melted my heart to read it. It’s been awhile since I’ve had a love letter written to me that was so genuine and thoughtful.

When was the last time you wrote a love letter? To a friend, a parent, a spouse, a child, a sibling? Who in your life needs to hear: ‘I love you,’ ‘You’re important to me,’ ‘I treasure your friendship,’ ‘I’m so proud of you.’

Don’t wait. Write the e-mail. Mail the card. Send some Blackberry love today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard you hubby is quite handsome and smart!