Monday, March 12

Can a Mother in Law and a Daughter in Law have more in common than a man?

Well, Stacy and I have discovered a unique and precious relationship outside of our tie to Ryan...my son and her husband. It is this relationship that has allowed us to put together 'Homemakers with Hope' and I think it will be a refreshing relationship that you, the reader will benefit from as you read our thoughts from our different perspectives. You will feel the energy and dreams from the young wife and be tempored by the 'big picture' that I will draw from after years of living life!

I asked Stacy to lunch shortly after Ryan and she was married. I asked her if she thought there was a need for young women to be 'led, influenced, taught, mentored' or whatever the label, if there was a need for younger women to have input from older women. Afterall, the Bible gives the older woman a mandate in Titus 2 to " train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." I was willing to pass on what I learned over the years, but was there anyone listening?
Read her reply in the next posting!

No comments: