Friday, March 16

On the Eve of a 31st Birthday...

OK, so it's not a milestone birthday, but it does give me pause to consider. Oh, it's not MY birthday, thirty one years ago on St Patrick's Day, Ryan, my son was born and that changed my life forever. Ever since his birth, I've been mindful every year of the verse in Psalms 90:12 "teach me to number my days aright, so I might gain a heart of wisdom." That means I should be 11,315 days (+4 for leap year) totally 11,319 days wiser than the day he was born. What a humbling exercise this is each year, for every year the number of days increases so quickly while my skill for living seems to struggle daily. The many birthdays I celebrate with my family always reminds me to slow down and live for today. Who knows what I might learn and what wisdom I might gain. It's the days that count more than the passing years.
Tomorrow I just may have to wish Ryan "Happy 11,319 days"!!

No comments: