Wednesday, March 14

Welcome to our home

In 2001, as a young newlywed, I knew I had much to learn about how to live a God-honoring life. It's challenging to be self-controlled. Some days it's really difficult to love. And when I'm tired and grumpy, kindness is not my first response. So when Barb told me about her idea for a Homemakers group, I was excited and thought it had great potential. What I didn't know was what a profound impact it would have on my life.

Every month when I go to Homemakers I leave with a better focus than when I arrived. I am affirmed in my role as a homemaker. I am encouraged to pursue excellence. I am challenged to seek God's Word as my standard, not the world.

It is my hope that this blog will do the same for you. Whether you are married or single, with children or without, I hope you will open the door to our 'home' and find affirmation, encouragement, and from time to time something that challenges you to pursue excellence in your relationships, in your home, in your walk with the Lord.

I look forward to visiting with you!

No comments: