Thursday, November 1

A gentle reminder

Above my kitchen sink I have a easel that is designed to hold 4 x 6 photos. Instead of having photos in it I have typed up verses that gently remind me of my role as a Homemaker.

Some of the verses are as follows:
Proverbs 14:1
The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

Psalm 101:2
I will walk in my house with a blameless heart.

Proverbs 31:17
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.

The last one about working vigorously is such a great reminder when I am weary (emotionally or physically) from my day and I don't feel like cooking or cleaning or doing any other homemaking tasks. I pray for the right attitude and that my arms would be strong for washing dishes or doing laundry.

These verses gently remind me that I cannot succeed as a Homemaker on my own, but only through the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great reminders for me, Stacy! I think I will put those verses over my sink!
Thanks for sharing