Tuesday, November 6

Lovin' my recipes

I love recipes.

I really really love them.

Really, I do.

I look up recipes weekly on my favorite web site: www.allrecipes.com

I clip recipes from magazines. I get them from friends. I love trying NEW recipes and especially those recommended from friends.

But my recipes have always been overflowing....out of my binders, recipe containers,
cupboard, etc.

This past month I've taken on the Homemakers Recipe Organizing Challenge and am loving it!

I have assembled two 3-ring binders. One for main dishes (chicken and beef) along with side dishes and desserts. My other has soups/salads, breakfast/bread, appetizers, sandwiches, and snacks/drinks.

I am typing up an index so I can easily read through all my recipe options. I want to make a hospitality section so I can see quick options for having people over or bringing a meal to someone.

My husband and I created a list of 10 meals that he can make: 5 quick and easy (tacos, grilled cheese, spaghetti) and 5 that take a bit more time (Tater tot hot dish, lasagna, stir-fry). That way he always has a few ideas of meals to make when I'm not home.

This has been SO rewarding.

Anyone want to join in on the challenge? Can we help?

No comments: