Monday, November 26

I'm tired

My husband Ryan and I enjoyed a long and incredibly relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. I hope you all did as well.

But here we are on the Monday following and as I sit down to write this all I can think is, "I am so tired." How is that possible when I just had four days of resting?

I think it is called life:
I got up at 6:30 this morning and was at the dentist by 8. I went to work where I stayed until 4. I left to meet a friend who is going through a divorce and is in the midst of a custody battle for his children. It is a heart-wrenching situation. I got home at 7:30 and ate dinner. Then I cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed, did the dishes and folded clothes. I just wrote out some thank you notes and it is 10:20 p.m.

I am tired.


Why am I telling you all this? Not because I want sympathy for a long day -- because I know that for some of you your day started earlier and will end later and involved children who needed your attention and energy all day...and that's tiring.

I share this simply because this is life. This is the life of a Homemaker. We work (be it inside or outside the home) and the work never ends. Sometimes we get a break. Sometimes we don't.

This is the reality of life as a Homemaker. When we have a home, we are Homemakers.

And just having come off of Thanksgiving, I am reminding myself tonight that I am THANKFUL for bathrooms to clean, dishes to wash and laundry to fold...even when I'm tired.

No comments: