Thursday, July 19

Can You Laugh at the Future?

That is one of the qualities of the woman of virtue in the Proverbs 31 passage. I like to think of Proverbs 31 as the 'lifetime achievement award' for women. It really seems like the woman in Prov 31 is the perfect woman, and a far cry from what most of us achieve in our lifetime! I think of it as a challenge to become like her, however. One of her qualities that I like best is that she is able to 'laugh at the future'. I was told when I was a young mom, "little kids, little problems; big kids, big problems." I found that to be true, and it was harder for me to 'laugh' at the future as my children grew. Each year brought more challenges and I formed habits that made me spiral into a 'worry-mode' even when there wasn't anything concrete to worry about. I had to work on practicing having a relaxed mental attitude and intentionally adding laughter to my day. It helped me handle the stress and I began establishing healthier habits. A wife and mom has a huge influence on her family, more that you realize when you are just starting out, but because of that, I challenge you to cultivate laughter into your everyday life. This will be a trait your children and your husband will remember and appreciate long after your kids are grown.

No comments: