Wednesday, July 25

A Quick Question

A reader of our blog asked for some tips on encouraging our husbands. One of the best tips I can pass along for this question is to "Be Happy"! I think most husbands can be quite content if they see that their wives are happy. I read an article written by a family therapist, Terrence Real. In it he says, "One of the open secrets that no one is addressing is that men are not that unhappy in their marriages. They're unhappy that their women are unhappy." That is a pretty powerful statement and something all wives should consider. The best way for me to encourage my husband is to remain positive and enthused with life myself. It may sound like a quick answer that doesn't really address the question, but I think it really gives the reader a tough assignment: Be Happy and make that a life-attitude. The Bible calls it Joy. It is a habit that will be contagious, but must first be very real in the person displaying this quality. Both husbands and wives have hard issues and tasks to take on on a daily basis. If your husband sees you take on your duties with enthusiasm and determination, he may learn from your attitude and over time be more positive in how he handles the rigors of life. Again, can I ask you readers to respond and let me know if you agree with Mr Real's statement?..."One of the open secrets that no one is addressing is that men are not that unhappy in their marriages. They are unhappy that their women are unhappy."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb,
I loved reading this today - and I completely, 100%, wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Real. As wives, we "set the tone" of our homes and it's an awesome responsibility - one that should not be taken lightly. Your post was a wonderful reminder to me...so thanks!
Hugs, Deanna

Anonymous said...

I heard a quote on the radio yesterday, it was, "Attitude is contagious, make yours worth catching today." I think this goes along with your posting about encouraging our husbands. My attitude really does set the tone for the day. Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Barb,
Thank you so much for your response and this great reminder. This especially hits home for me this week as we've been moving. I agree that my attitude does often establish a starting point for the mood of our home. Thanks for the wisdom :)

Miranda