Sunday, November 2

Life as a homemaker

Yesterday marked the 30th day since Samuel's birth - the last day of the birth father's rights. So today Ryan and I feel quite confident that we can move forward with adoption plans.

Of course as we have learned, God's plans are very different than ours... but as I sit here holding my miracle I'm at peace that God is in control.

This week we'll return to Homemaking topics (like politics!). I feel like I'm lacking in the Homemaking department these days....

...my clothes are piling up and I'm living out of my laundry basket.


...I still haven't unpacked from Hawaii (I returned on Sept. 29!!).

...I finally cooked my first real meal today in my newly remodeled kitchen.

But I'm trying to give myself some grace. It took me eight years to become a wife and just 3 hours one Saturday to become a mom (if you don't count the previous three years of waiting).

So I'm learning a little bit at a time. And I hope you'll learn along with me. Even though today is the last posting (for now!) on the miracle of Samuel, I'm sure I'll be blogging about my new role as a mom...and asking all you moms for advice and help.


You can always check out updates of Samuel on www.samuelmay.com.

Who knew when I posted on Friday October 3 about hanging clothes on the line what my next month would hold?

Life as a Homemaker....always full of surprises. We're so glad you're on this journey with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
Your story is a wonderful miracle. You are right, life changes drastically with a baby in the house! For all of the years that I had little children in my house I claimed Isaiah 40:11. "He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; (here is the best part...) He gently leads those that have young!" That is you right now, I know God will gently lead you as you nurture, lead and guide Samuel.
Love you guys! Pam Klein