Wednesday, March 25

Is Someone Listening to You?

"Listening is rare. There are certain people we meet to whom we feel we can talk because they have such a deep capacity for hearing; not hearing words only but hearing us as a person. They enable us to talk on a level which we have never before reached. They enable us to be as we have never been before. We shall never truly know ourselves unless we find people who can listen, who can enable us to emerge, to come out of ourselves, to discover who we are. We cannot discover ourselves by ourselves." (emphasis is mine)
quote from Jesus Man of Prayer, by Margaret Magdalene.

A deep personal connectedness takes time. We are indeed blessed to have one or maybe two people in our lives that really listen to what we say and help us realize the person we can become.

Sharing my theme with other women has been a way to let others into my life in a more purposeful way. It's non-threatening, yet takes a conversation abit deeper. It takes time to get to know people. Sharing my theme has opened the door for other women to express what they want to learn during the course of a year and allows me to hold them accountable as they hold me accountable to my goals.

It is in sharing my theme that I find who is walking in the same direction with me. Those are the women I pull into my 'inner circle' as I know they are good listeners and will help me discover myself and allow me to help them as well.

If you haven't chosen a theme for 2009, give it some thought. Then tell someone you have a theme for 2009. See what their reaction is. You might just find a new friend who will enable you to be as you have "never been before."

No comments: