Thursday, March 25

Reading!

I love, love, love to read. It hasn't always been this way. I actually hated reading until a few years ago. I would read an occasional book on vacation but that was pretty much it. Before having children, I was a teacher and at times I would feel hypocritical encouraging my students to read and knowing that I wasn't doing it myself.

I am not sure what sparked my sudden interest in reading but whatever it is, I love it! I love that it engages my brain and takes me away from sitting in front of the TV. I am pretty picky when it comes to books that I will devote my time to, so I refuse to read trashy books. I want it to be a hobby that makes me smarter and not one that causes me to think about unfruitful things.

A couple of years ago Barb challenged us to read a book a month. I still try to complete this. It doesn't always have to be a specific genre...I just want to be continually reading and expanding my mind. If you would like to start reading a good book...here are a couple recommendations.

Crazy Love
Author: Francis Chan
Genre: Christian Literature
I highly recommend this book. It really renewed my excitement for a walk with Jesus. I again realized that a relationship with the Lord is an all-consuming way of life...not just a Sunday morning activity. So good.

The Help
Author: Kathryn Stockett
What a talented author! She writes from a variety of perspectives throughout the book and each character was incredibly entertaining. I couldn't put it down.

No comments: