Thursday, February 4

Worry

What do I often find running through my brain? Worry. How can I get this baby to sleep through the night? Is she eating enough? Am I playing with my toddler enough so she feels important? Are they reaching the developmental milestones they should be? Is my husband feeling supported? Am I a good wife, mother, friend, sister, homemaker, etc.? These are only a few of the things I worry about. When I dwell on these thoughts I feel stressed. When I am stressed I respond impatiently and that usually leads to more worry.

I am currently reading an EXCELLENT book. It is called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. This part really made me think.

"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace towards others or our tight grip of control. "

Convicted. That is how I felt when I read that. Not in a shameful, I want to run from God kind of way. It made me want to turn from what I dwell on and give all of those thoughts over to a God who is big enough, loving enough and who cares deeply about me. God does not want me addicted to worry. He wants me to know He is enough. I can love Him with everything that I am and He will guide me. He will give me the strength, patience, endurance, grace, etc. to face each new day and circumstance. That is what I want to dwell on. Oh how very thankful I am that I know God.

No comments: