Monday, August 4

Dust off your Fave Five

Today is August 4th. That means there are just 27 days left of summer (or at least until Labor Day which signifies the end of summer for many). I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but this is reality.

Remember way back in May when we suggested you compile a Fave Five list for the summer? Dig up those lists and see where you're at.

Have you accomplished all, some or none of the items on the list?

#3 on my husband's list was to move. Well as you've seen from recent posts, we accomplished that!

#5 on his list is to take lots of walks. We've been walking nearly every evening throughout our new neighborhood and thoroughly enjoying ourselves!

#1 on his list is to go to Betty's Pies. That's a pie shop in northern Minnesota. We went on a weekend trip two years ago with my brother and sister-in-law and had a blast seeing the sights and eating super tasty pie.

I'm going to share a secret with you. You have to promise not to tell my husband....

I've been secretly planning with my brother and sister-in-law a surprise two-day trip to Two Harbors in northern Minnesota for Ryan. I've requested a Friday off with his boss and we're going to be driving three hours....to see the sights, make some memories and eat at Betty's Pies!

It seems a little crazy. And expensive since gas isn't cheap these days.

But I'm so excited. And he'll be so surprised. And I love making one of his Fave Five come true this summer.

You still have time to make a Fave Five list for yourself. Or to complete more of the faves on your list. Or to make the Fave Five of family members come true.

27 days...make every single one count!

No comments: