Monday, May 10

2010 Themes

We probably should have talked about this a little earlier in the year, but it is worth taking a week to discuss it even now. For those of you who may be new to this blog, a few years back Barb challenged us to choose a theme each year: word or phrase that we want to spend the year focusing on. The theme can be something we want to see grow in ourselves, something we want to pursue, something we want to learn about ourselves or God, and something, I think, to help us be more intentional about our lives. It has since become one of my favorite things to do each January.

I must admit that each year it is difficult to finally choose the word. I usually want it to be something of great meaning, and I want it to represent where I am at in my life for that year. Some years my word has taken on really special meaning, and other years I have not done as good of a job focusing on my word. Either way I think it is a great tool to help me be more intentional. It gives me purpose and direction in my quiet times and what I focus on for my own personal growth. I thought today I would post a list of possible word choices for you, and tomorrow I will share my theme for this year. Please do not limit your choices to this list. It is only a jumping off point. . .

acceptance

beauty

caring

cleanliness

commitment

compassion

confidence

consideration

contentment

cooperation

courage

courtesy

creativity

detachment

determination

devotion

diligence

discernment

enthusiasm

excellence

faith

faithfulness

flexibility

forgiveness

friendliness

generosity

gentleness

grace

gratitude

helpfulness

honesty

honor

humility

idealism

integrity

joy

joyfulness

justice

kindness

love

loyalty

mercy

moderation

modesty

obedience

order

orderliness

patience

peace

peacefulness

perseverance

prayerfulness

purity

purposefulness

reliability

respect

responsibility

reverence

righteousness

sacrifice

self-discipline

service

steadfastness

tact

thankfulness

tolerance

trust

trustworthiness

truthfulness

understanding

unity

wisdom

wonder

No comments: