Thursday, May 27

God's Activity...

Why pray about everything?

I think a big reason is to see God's activity in my life...let me give you a fun example:

A couple of weeks ago I was at Walmart and saw a 'turtle sandbox' displayed with a big SALE sign next to it. It caught my attention and I pondered for a minute if I should pop for one for our grandchildren. We have 3 little ones under the age of 2.

I weighed the pros and cons of spending $38.00 for a plastic box.

I prayed.

I didn't really receive any startling negative revelation, so I went ahead and bought one.

I got out to my car and the big green turtle didn't fit in my trunk. It didn't fit in the back seat. It sat on the Walmart cart. I took my husband's golf cart and bag of clubs out of the trunk and tried to manuever the turtle again with no luck.

I called my husband and explained my predicament and asked if he could bring the bigger car to Walmart so I could get this green turtle home. He heard me out and patiently agreed to interrupt his work to come. I told him he couldn't miss me...I would be sitting with golf clubs and a golf cart outside my car... A turtle top would be in the back seat and the turtle bottom was sticking out of my trunk.

I sat and waited.

I began 'people watching' and noticed a few people were gawking at me, too.

I started to think maybe I should have waited for a more definite answer to my earlier prayer.

Just then a lady who had pulled in next to me got out of her car and started walking into the store. She stopped suddenly and turned towards me.

"Is that a sandbox you have in your trunk?' she asked.

"Yes, they are on sale today," I replied.

"Well," she said, "I have a turtle in my trunk you can have if you want it...."

With that, she opened her big trunk, and there sat an even bigger green turtle...the 'deluxe model'.

"You can return your turtle sandbox and take mine instead if you want," she offered.

I thanked her profusely and put her turtle on two more carts that were nearby and continued to wait for my husband....One little grandma, two big green turtles, a golf cart and golf clubs...my husband couldn't miss me if he tried!

I told him the whole story, as well as my prayer.

"Well," he said, "What are the odds of a woman driving into the Walmart parking lot, parking next to you and having a big green turtle in her truck?"

The odds are pretty good when you pray about everything.

Praying about everything helps me see God's activity in my life...all the time.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I love that story!! :)