Friday, August 3

Life is Fragile...Handle with Prayer

I must comment on the collapse of the bridge on 35W over the Mississippi River. I listened to the news the first night of the tragedy, but I have been on the go and I haven't watched the news over the last 24 hours. I am reminded of it as I go about my work, however, as everyone is talking about it and mentioning what they did first when they learned of the disaster. I think everyone I have spoken with said they 'called everyone in their family and touched base with their friends.' I don't need to write about the impact that something like this makes on our lives. It reminds us to consider our LIFE and what a precious gift that is. Since we posted about prayer and friends this week, I would really like to encourage any and all of the readers of this blog to comment back a prayer request or just your name and Stacy and I will commit to pray for you. (Sign in as 'Anonymous-1, 2 or 3') if need be. Knowing someone is praying for you will remind you to pray for someone else! Are you too young to remember the plague that hung in many grandmother's kitchens? "Life is Fragile, Handle it with Prayer"...this week was a reminder of just how fragile life can be.
Now go and be thankful for another day.

No comments: