Thursday, August 16

Stop, drop and...pray?

We are half way through August. How are your 31 days of prayer? At the beginning of the month I challenged you all to pray for your husband from the Power of a Praying Wife book every day for 31 days.

It has been a challenge for me! I lay my book on my pillow so I see it every night before going to bed. It takes discipline to stop and pray.

While I often pray throughout my day for Ryan's work, energy, strength and perseverance, I don't often pray that God would "enable Ryan to walk worthy of his calling and become the man of God that You made him to be."


I don't think to pray: "That Your Word would penetrate every fiber of his being, convincing him that Your love for him is far greater than anything he faces and nothing can separate him from it."

It's a good reminder for me to pray: "That he will not be anxious about finances, but will seek Your kingdom first, knowing that as he does, we will have all we need."

Join in today if you haven't started already.
There is POWER in prayer. May you discover just how blessed your man will be because of the time you take to pray.

I leave you with a few words from Day 16: "Lead him, guide him and be his mighty fortress and hiding place. May his light so shine before men that they see his good works and glorify you, Lord."

No comments: