Monday, February 18

Here's to health!

Usually we talk about health and nutrition and weight loss in January...but it's time for a health update! Last fall I blogged about my husband's cholesterol being too high.

If you recall, my New Year's Resolution was to read labels for the saturated fat content.
My resolution paid off! Ryan had his cholesterol re-tested last week and he's now within the normal range! I am very proud of him because he did it all with diet and exercise even though he has a genetic predisposition to high cholesterol.

Why am I sharing with you about his cholesterol level? Because the reality is that your husband's health is often times dependent upon you.

If you do the majority of the grocery shopping and cooking in your home, much of what your husband eats is up to you. When Ryan discovered he had high cholesterol he wasn't the only one affected by this news. I quickly realized I would have to change the food I bought and the way I cooked. Thus my resolution to watch the saturated fat on food labels.

Barb always talks about Healthy Habits - so read your food labels, live long and healthy lives and grow old together!

No comments: