Monday, February 11

Romance....

'Romance is a relationship…built on good habits.' Ever thought of romance in those terms?
I always thought romance was a bouquet of roses and candlelight dinners. No wonder the romance never lasted. The roses faded and the candles burned down, and my relationship didn’t seem to improve.
When I began looking at romance as simply a relationship that had good habits, it gave me the incentive I needed to put some good habits into my marriage.
Greeting my husband kindly; giving him a soft touch of encouragement when I saw that he was discouraged; smiling at him…for no reason; speaking with patience and love. All good stuff that gets lost in the busyness of life. I take my marriage for granted too often and focusing on putting good habits in place has helped me pay attention to what is important.

There is a ‘law of disintegration’ that says that everything goes from ‘order’ to ‘disorder’ if it isn’t maintained. A car will slowly lose its shine and smooth ride if it hasn’t been taken care of. A business needs proper management or it will slip quickly into bankruptcy. A marriage needs proper care and attention, or it will follow the law of disintegration, with the husband and wife drifting apart.

Good habits in a marriage are essential. Habits either ‘join’ or ‘separate’ a couple. Good habits can start with one spouse and those habits often become contagious. So choose today to build good habits in your marriage. Be the one to reach out with a habit that is ‘joining’ you to your husband. Get ready for romance that will last beyond February 14th!

No comments: