Tuesday, March 18

I don't know...but I'm willing to try

1 Peter 5:7 says "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

This is one of Ryan's favorite verses. He quotes it often - to himself and to other people. I asked him tonight, but how do you do that? HOW do you cast all your anxieties on God and leave them with Him? How do you not stay up at night worrying, or wake up early because you're overwhelmed or feeling overly burdened by your....burdens?

I don't know.

I haven't figured out how to think on what is true and right and noble and lovely. I haven't discovered the secret to casting my concerns onto the Lord. I know I should do these things, but I don't necessarily know how to consistently practice them in my thought life.

But I do know that it takes time. It takes practice. It takes training. It means developing new habits to replace old habits.

Beth Moore says that the most important thing God ever taught her is to pray for what she lacks.

So ladies, I think we need to pray....

No comments: