Monday, March 17

A Quick Question...

How do we keep our thoughts focused on what is "true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy" as it says to do in Phillipians 4:8?

This is a question I've asked myself over the years and just recently I was asked by a younger woman just how is that possible?

Before answering this question, I had to realize the truth of Proverbs 23:7..."For as he (a woman) thinketh in his (her) heart, so is he (she)" (KJV).

What I was thinking about was really who I was!
I didn't particularly like hearing that truth... as I was busy trying to build a life that 'looked good' to others but wasn't necessarily bothering about my thought-life.

What I love about the Bible is that it doesn't let me get away with that! I have had to learn to become a woman who is consistent in who I appear to be and who I really am...To be authentic...and that begins with my thought life.

If my thought life is really who I am, keeping my thoughts focused on what is right and true, pure and noble, is really the key to becoming a better person, mom and wife.

That is the 'why' behind the question of how do we keep our thoughts pure. I will add to this in my next posting, but in the meantime...how do you keep your thought-life managed?!

No comments: