Thursday, May 22

Make Memorial Day Memories

I'm feeling sappy today. The reason?

Read here if you haven't heard. It's so incredibly sad.

With the holiday weekend right around the corner I just want to write one thing after hearing about this tragedy: make memories.

Whatever you do this weekend, make memories.

If you work in the yard, breath in the fresh air and thank God you're alive. Then grab the sprinkler and soak a family member.

If you are heading to a cabin or going on a road trip (or heaven forbid going camping!), stop for ice cream, enjoy the beautiful sights and make your travel companions laugh - frequently.

If you are staying home, be intentional. Go for walks. Pack a picnic and talk to each other. Listen to those around you. Play...whether it's rain or sun. Have fun.

Make memories. Take pictures. Enjoy the long weekend. Spend time with those you love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is really sad, and makes me appreciate my children even more than I already do. Thanks for sharing. I'll add a link to my blog to add to the prayers for the Chapman family.