Tuesday, July 22

Here's to 37 years of commitment

As Barb's daughter-in-law I am blessed to have in-laws who have persevered through 37 years of marriage. My in-laws are a beautiful example of two people committed to one another for life.

They work together, play together and laugh together. They pray together, trust God together and bless their family together.

They married young and have spent the last 37 years growing and learning and discovering the joys and challenges of marriage.


In his book Sacred Marriage, Gary Thomas comments on the fact that couples who break up after just 3 or 4 years of marriage never even had the chance to experience what marriage is really like. Experts say that it takes nearly a decade for marriage intimacy to truly be built.

The marriage journey takes time....years....decades. We can't rush the learning process. Only through time can we truly experience the marriage relationship as God designed for it to be enjoyed.

I am looking forward to what the next 30 years of marriage have in store for my husband and I. And I'm praising God today for my in-laws example of faithfulness, commitment and perseverance.

No comments: