Friday, July 18

Home Improvement

Today I'll leave you with the questions that we started with this week. Please take the time to deliberately ask yourself these questions. When you do, think about your family (parents, in-laws, siblings, spouse, children), your friends, your co-workers, your social circle and relationships or friendships from your past.

"Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful? Am I proud? Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?"

"Is there someone who, when I think of them, I feel hurt and wish revenge? Is there someone who, every time I see the person or think of the person, a sharp page of resentment flares up as I perceive how they have done me wrong?"

It takes courage to answer these questions honestly. It takes perseverance and strength to daily deal with the issues of the heart....be it envy, greed, impatience, anger, bitterness, self-righteousness, a critical spirit or pride.

Just last night I found myself in a situation that was painful for me - the situation was a result of life circumstances, nothing more. No one wronged me, but I still had to acknowledge the hurt, realize it was turning into anger and judgment, and confess it. Oh, it's so not easy, but neither is the alternative.

I realized this morning that the lessons I'm learning can be applied to so many areas of my life. This is not something I will learn and apply and leave behind. These heart issues will need to be addressed continually and I will have to make the choice daily how I deal with them.

May each of you find healing as you address the issues in your heart and may you find that walking in freedom is the best gift of all.


Thank you for letting me share my heart this week. Thank you for allowing me to be authentic and honest with my struggles. Thank you for listening to me and loving me in spite of myself.

Be blessed my friends!

No comments: