Thursday, October 29

A few more thoughts. . .

Today I am sharing some more thoughts so that I could give Heidi a day off from a few responsibilities outside her home since she has two very precious responsibilities in her home right now! She has two beautiful little girls under the age of two-need I say more?!

She, along with some of you, have little plans this year when it comes to Halloween. Her babies are just too little to do any major celebrating. She did share with me that one of her fondest memories of Halloween as a child was getting out the “spooky sounds” tape and listening to that. I am sure that at some after-Halloween sale, Heidi will be picking one of those up to put in a safe place for when her girls are older.

That got me thinking. . .isn’t that what being intentional is all about (thinking about a topic and then making a conscience decision to do something)? So those of you with younger children can be thinking about what Halloween traditions you would like to start as your children grow. Those of us with older children can be thinking about those traditions we have started and decide which we want to keep and which we can let go of. I think being intentional involves constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our choices and that includes our traditions. If we want our Halloween celebrations to be about spending time together, then the activities we choose to do should reflect that. This Halloween, think about what you want for your family and then be intentional about the activities you choose to do. . .

I would love to hear some of your Halloween traditions. I am always looking for new ideas and fun ways to celebrate with my girls. Please feel free to post your favorite(s) in the comment section below. . .Happy Halloween. . .

No comments: