Friday, October 16

Home Improvement. . .re-think being organized and search for the ideas that will work for you

As I put together the entries for the blog this week, I felt like I wanted to end the week by emphasizing something that I think is fundamental to being organized. Yes, I happen to be an organized person by nature. I was blessed with the desire and ability to be organized (along with an awesome teacher in my mother). I LOVE cleaning out a drawer or closet and I will read anything I can get my hands on that has to do with organization. That said, I am very aware that there are women out there who do not find passion in being organized and feel like they can’t be that way. I think that is because people who are not organized by nature look at organized people and feel they need to be just like them. I think that is setting themselves up for failure. I am a firm believer that organization can be learned, but it needs to be organizing in a way that works for that person. What works for me may very well overwhelm an unorganized person. My desire is to share my passion and ideas with the hope that it will inspire and help someone else, but it needs to be couched in the fact that there are many ways to be organized. My hope is not to overwhelm but to inspire. Below is a list of a few of my favorite organizational books. I encourage you to choose one and see if an idea they offer will meet a need you have. My hope is you will be encouraged, inspired, and eventually organized!

Simplify your Life by Marcia Ramsland

A House that Cleans Itself by Mindy Starns Clark

Organizing Your Home and Family by Sandra Felton

Desperate Households by Kathy Peel

No comments: