Wednesday, November 25

Counting our Blessings

I love Thanksgiving, not just because the turkey meal is one of my favorite, but also because I love the idea of taking time to be purposeful in being thankful. Teaching my girls to have thankful hearts has to be one of my top priorities, but it is something that can be tricky to teach. The best way, I think, is to obviously lead by example. So during the month of November for the past few years, I have had the girls keep a thankfulness journal. We tried to write in it everyday. I tried to have them think about their day and choose a different thing to be thankful for. I liked that but at times it was hard to remember to do it each day if we got busy, so last year at an after-Thanksgiving sale I purchased this count down to Thanksgiving chart from Pottery Barn Kids. I was so excited when I pulled it out this year. Each day the girl’s write/draw one thing they are thankful for and place it in the pocket of the correct day. It is sort of like a countdown to Thanksgiving, but it has a pocket for each day of the month so it continues even after Thanksgiving Day. I like to see what each girl is thankful for each day, and I also like talking about that we are thankful for as a family. During this busy holiday season I hope you and your family can take some time to stop and truly think about those things in your life that you are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love this!