Friday, November 27

Thankful

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I absolutely love this time of year. I love being with family. I love eating delicious food and I love reflecting on what I am thankful for this year. I have much to be thankful for...my two amazing baby girls, my supportive husband, my wonderful extended family, a roof over my head... but right now I am most thankful for my relationship with Jesus.

Earlier this fall I picked a verse to memorize. It was Is 41:13, "For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to YOU, 'Do not fear, I will help you." At the time I picked this verse because I was a new mom who was tired and needed help. I needed the promise that God takes hold of my hand and helps me. I loved the imagery of Him actually holding my hand. My older daughter has been learning to walk and she looks to take hold of our hand as much as she can. She knows that my hand will keep her safe and help her to move forward. I LOVE the fact that I can depend on my Heavenly Father the same way. For that I am very thankful.

This past week this verse has taken on new meaning. I have very fair skin and I freckle easily. I have always had to get my skin checked once a year for any changes. A year ago I had a mole removed and the test showed it was a risk for skin cancer. I was told to watch the mole to make sure it did not grow back. Well, it did and now I need a biopsy of the spot next week. Now I know many, many people have biopsies done and they turn out totally fine. But, any time that horrible C word is thrown out in a conversation I get a little uneasy. I left the clinic feeling fearful. Actually, when I think about the worst case scenario I still have the tendency to feel fearful. BUT that is where this verse comes into play. God tells me do not fear because he will help me. He knows every inch of my body. He knows every thought before I speak it. He knows me, and I can take His hand and know that this wonderful God already knows the results of this test and He can help. That my friends, is something to be thankful for.

No comments: