Wednesday, January 6

Reflecting on my 2009 theme

I am just like Barb when it comes to the new year. I am not sure what it is about January, but I always feel like I have been given a fresh start and I love that feeling.

Barb introduced us a few years ago to the idea of themes, and I must admit while I loved the idea, I wasn’t sure how or what it would look like for me and my daily life. Just like Barb stated, through the years I have chosen themes that have made a huge impact, and I can really see the Lord using that theme to help me grow while other years the year just seems to go by-and it hasn’t impacted me as much as I would have liked. If I am honest I think those are the years I didn’t take enough time to choose a word that relates to my stage of life as well as me not putting enough effort into applying and searching out ways to help me grow in that given area.

I have not officially chosen my theme for 2010, but I definitely have a few in mind. We will be sharing those at a later date so I will take a few moments to reflect back on 2009. My theme was to be intentional. I loved this theme, but also feel like one year was not enough. Being intentional is a daily decision, and I will need to continue on for the rest of my life.

Barb had us do an activity one time about writing out what we would like to have written on our headstone if we were to die. While I will probably never totally have it figured out, I would love for it to say somewhere on it that I was an intentional woman, that I did not do what everyone else did, I lived out a life where when others looked at me they would see something different. They would see me making choices, daily choices that made me more like Jesus. I have such a long way to go, and I know I can only walk that journey with the Lord by my side cheering me on. That is what I think Barb wants for us with these yearly themes. It helps us focus on areas where we can learn to be more godly women, wives, and mothers. I think having something to focus on is a great way to help in your walk with the Lord. While I will look back on 2009 as the year when I really focused on being intentional, I will know it was the year I made a commitment to be intentional for the rest of my life. I am so thankful I have a relationship with the Lord who will help me on a daily basis! Happy 2010!

No comments: