Tuesday, September 25

Divine

Another book I read this year that I highly recommend is "Divine" by Karen Kingsbury.

It's a modern day parable of Mary Magdalene from the Bible. Parts are really difficult to read--her story is filled with abuse, addiction and much suffering throughout her life.

But it is one of the most touching fictional stories I have ever read.

Although Mary is a victim of abuse and suffers at the hands of others, her story is not one of emptiness and sorrow.

Her story is touching and a powerful reminder that God is bigger than all our stories. Her story is about a God who redeems. A God who forgives. A God whose grace is sufficient. A God who rescues. A God who offers sweet sweet freedom from the hurts and pains of this world.

So check it out from the library or order it online. I'd love to hear what you think!

1 comment:

~Sherry said...

One of the BEST books I have ever read! Yes, sister you were right-I did enjoy it. (Side note: Stacy tried to get me to read Divine for at least 9 months, when I finally picked it up- I read the whole thing in 5 days!)