Thursday, September 13

"It's a Challenge"

That how decision-making was described to me in a seminar years ago. A family psychologist, Carol Travilla spoke at a woman's gathering and shared some good thoughts about the 'Challenge of Choices'.
She encouraged me to first determine:

What is my 'calling' for the season of life I am in?
What is most important to me right now?
How has God uniquely gifted me ?

Then she shared some great questions for me to ask myself:

Is the 'choice' in keeping with the season of my life that I am in?
Have I prayed about my choices?
Am I waiting patiently?
How does my choice affect others?
What really excites me to do this?
If I say 'yes' to this, what am I saying 'no' to?
Do I have the resources to pursue this choice? (money, energy, time?)
What am I afraid of?
Do I have all the information I need to make a good decision?
How do I trust the Lord for what I need in making this choice?

I have kept this list of questions for years and have referred to it often. I 'challenge' you to work thorough these questions the next time you are faced with choices. Decision making is an acquired skill, there is no better time to start acquiring this skill than now!

No comments: