Wednesday, October 15

God already knew

Dear Mrs. Herweyer,

Last fall, October 2007, I met with your daughter Heidi at Caribou Coffee. We talked about life...struggles...challenges of waiting on the Lord and trusting in His timing and plan for our lives.

At the time Heidi and I were both trying to conceive and we shared our hearts with one another. It was a very impactful conversation for me.

What specifically spoke to me was when Heidi referenced something you told her. Throughout the past year I have recalled it often.

You told Heidi that God already knew the due date of her future baby. Whether that would be her own due date or the due date of another woman, God already knew.

I've thought about that often. I've contemplated the wisdom of God. The plan that was already in place. I wondered when my due date would come.

My first due date was Feb. 4, 2007. My second due date was April 20, 2009.

Yet neither one of those due dates were ultimately part of God's perfect plan.

That very same day that Heidi and I met for coffee, she went home and took a pregnancy test. She found out she was expecting Claire.

This week I thought once again about that conversation between Heidi and I and the wisdom you shared with her.

God knew Heidi's due date would be June 10, 2008. He knew little miss Claire Weber would be born into this world at 11:10 a.m., 7 lbs, 9 oz.

God knew Samantha's due date would be October 3, 2008. He knew little mr. Samuel May would be born into this world at 2:10 p.m., 6 lbs, 12 oz.

God already knew. Heidi and I just needed people to come alongside us and remind us that He had a plan already in place.

Whatever the future holds, God already knows.

And I can rest in that truth today.

No comments: