Tuesday, October 21

Waiting...

Does waiting get any easier the older I get? I mean, I've waited quite abit in my life...

...for boyfriends to call

...zits to clear up

...a job offer to come through

...a sick child to recover

...a relationship to heal

...a biopsy report

and on and on, I've waited. Now our family is waiting for precious Samuel to be 'officially' adopted into our family and I wonder if I have learned anything from my years of waiting.

C.S. Lewis expresses my inner thoughts so well,

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."

My periods of waiting have taught me one thing:

LOOK BACK...not forward. As I look forward, I tend to worry and play the 'what if' game. When I discipline myself to LOOK BACK, I see how God has blessed me all along my journey...not with painful blessings, but indeed blessings!

This week, I can't help but LOOK BACK and remember how Samuel entered into our lives and trust that God will continue to do the best for us.

No comments: