Tuesday, October 14

No fear in miracles

Thank you to everyone who prayed for the home study yesterday....we think it went well. We're just happy to be done with that portion of the adoption process. We still have paperwork to complete but we're getting closer.

As the days go by, I find myself having moments of deep fear. The 'what ifs' start pouring in...what if the birth mom wants Samuel back? What if the dad finds out? What if there is some legal glitch we've overlooked? What if we don't get to keep him and love him forever?

What if....

I shared my fear with a friend last week and she wisely responded, "Stacy, there is no fear in a miracle."

Those were exactly the words I needed to hear. Samuel is a miracle....his mom could have aborted him, he could have been born premature with fetal alcohol syndrome or other health issues, he could have gone to another family.

But he is healthy. He is alive. He is ours. He is a living miracle.

So today I'm reminding myself there is no fear in miracles. 2 Timothy 1:7 says, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."

Are you waiting on God for your miracle? Are you living in fear about what ifs in your future?

Let's commit the future, and all of our unkowns, to a known God.

No comments: