Monday, October 13

Homemakers in real life

Barb and I have been writing on this blog for about 1 1/2 years. I was in Homemakers for 7 years. We studied. We read books. We memorized scripture. We shared recipes. We talked about our homes and how to live intentionally each day. We encouraged one another in our homemaking roles.

Today I feel like so much of what I have learned and put into practice in my home is being critiqued by the outside world.

At 1 p.m. a gal from the adoption agency is coming to see our home and finish our home study (which means asking lots of questions about our marriage, life, parents, work, relationships, parenting, etc).

Will I remember what I've been taught? Will I be able to articulate what I know? Will she understand that no words can adequately describe our desire to be parents to Samuel? Will she notice the time and energy we've put into 'building' our home?

Please pray for the adoption paperwork I need to finish prior to 1 p.m. today and for our appt from 1-3.

It's exciting and yet nerve wracking to take what I learned in the 'homemakers classroom' and apply it to real life today. I am so thankful for the training I've had for the past 7 years.

Let's hope we pass the test!

No comments: