Wednesday, October 1

Home is where.....

The cat is?
















See that lump on the edge of my bed?

That's Jersey.

She is my four-legged, furry cat.

You see yesterday I didn't get out of bed until noon. I slept in after our long two days of travel and then I spent time reading, writing, and listening to my ipod.

During the couple hours I spent awake in bed, I found great comfort in Jersey's presence.

First she settled on my lap for awhile and then she crawled under the covers where she purred and kept me warm.

To be honest, I was very nervous about coming home yesterday. I was worried about the emotions and anxieties that would greet me as I walked through the door. I was fearful that the feelings I had left in MN 10 days before would come flooding back.

But instead walking through the door, seeing my sweet Jersey meowing like crazy, sitting in my comfortable furniture, sleeping in my bed...it was all very soothing to my heart.

At home I can be me. I can laugh. I can sing. I can be sad. I can cry. I can sleep until noon or wake at dawn.

Being a Homemaker isn't an easy job. Creating homes of comfort, rest, peace, nourishment, growth, encouragement...it can be quite overwhelming at times.

But this week I'm reminded: it's so worth it.

"Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other. It is the place of confidence. It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts. It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule." ~Frederick W. Robertson

No comments: