Tuesday, April 15

I Quit!

I have uttered those words a few too many times in my life. I haven't come right out and said it most of the time...I have just given up along the way. If I could have a 'do over', I would have stuck with my piano lessons....hung onto a friendship that I thought was just too tough to work through...I would have completed my Spanish courses... and on and on my list goes.

Quitting was a choice I was making, whether it was conscious or not.

What I didn't consider was the high cost of quitting. What rubble I have left along the way because I didn't follow-through and get the job done, or repair the friendship or finish an endeavor.

Endurance is what I am aiming for these days. We talked about endurance at our Homemakers with Hope meeting last night. Endurance isn't emphasized too often in our 'instant society' because sticking with something isn't instant. Endurance means to 'bear with patience' according to my dictionary. Endurance is what Stacy is doing as she 'bears with patience' all the unknown in her move from a townhome to a house (see posting from 4/14/08)

Donna Otto, an author and speaker has a clever saying that goes something like this, "The common start, the uncommon finish". I think a wise woman may be uncommon these days, so I am going to endure abit longer and finish what I set out to do. I am going to endure.

No comments: