Wednesday, April 16

Light and truth

This morning a friend called with a family crisis that I've been praying about all day.

A few hours later another friend had a mammogram to check out a suspicious lump in her breast.

This afternoon a family friend had a court appointment to determine if he will get custody of his children.

This day has kept me on my knees and in constant conversation with the Lord. This morning I read in Psalm 43: Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me.

I'm praying for God's light and truth to prevail today. I'm praying for positive test results, decisions and conversations to take place. I'm praying for justice and truth to reign.

My husband is having a very stressful day at work and we are both a little stressed about all the details involving a move.

But you know what? In comparison to lumps and custody of your children and family emergencies....those things pale in comparison. It takes just one phone call to put everything back into perspective.

I am so thankful that we have God's Word to guide us. I am so thankful that I can pray, "Lord send forth your light and truth and may they guide each and every decision that is being made."

I am so thankful that God's light and truth gives us hope for each and every day.

No comments: