Monday, April 14

Tomorrow?

As it stands today, my husband and I will be moving out of our town home two weeks from tomorrow. We sold our town home but haven't yet found a home to move into. We are moving into temporary housing, but we're not quite sure where that is yet. We don't know if we can move on the weekend...or if we have to wait and move on our closing date which is a Wednesday. We don't know if we need a POD or a U-Haul. We don't have a forwarding address for our mail. We can't tell people to set aside a day to help us move, because we're not sure what day that will be.

There are a lot of things we don't know about our future right now.

What about you? Do you have unknowns in your future? Whether those are this week, next week or next month? What is your list of 'don't knows' and 'unknowns?' I know there are a few of you have some big unknowns in your immediate future.

This weekend I read the following from Chuck Swindoll: "Behind the scenes, before He ever flung the stars into space, God had today in mind. He has this very week in mind. In fact, He had you in mind. And He knew exactly what He was going to do. God is never at a loss to know what He's going to do in our situations. He knows perfectly well what is best for us. Our problem is, we don't know. And we say to Him, "Lord, if you just tell me, then I'll be in great shape. Just reveal it to me. Explain Your plan to me, and I'll count on you." But that's not faith. Faith is counting on Him when we do not know what tomorrow holds.

As women striving to be wise, we will all face times when we do not know what tomorrow holds. But we can have faith that there is a God who does know our situation and He knows exactly what He's going to do in the midst of it all.

No comments: