Monday, January 12

First things first

In 2009, before we can be a friend. Or a sister. Or a mom. Or a wife. Or a daughter. Or a business woman....

We must remember what we are first. We are women of God. And as women of God, seeking to be wise, we must live intentionally and with purpose.

Agree?

We have been discussing themes a lot and my theme for 2009 is Daily Bread. "Give us this day our daily bread...." I ask for so much. I seek so much. I desire so much. But all I REALLY need is my daily bread. No more. No less.


But in order to get my daily bread I need to ask myself questions like these (I've copied them from a great blog - check it out here):

  1. How much time did you spend in God's Word this week?
  2. When was the last time you memorized a verse from God's Word?
  3. When was the last time you taught someone else a verse or lesson from God's Word that you had learner?
  4. What do you know about God's Word that you didn't know a year ago? How is this knowledge changing behaviors in your life?
  5. What could you eliminate in your life in the next 45 days to make time to insert time in Word of God?
If you read beyond the questions, you'll see that Kim references a pastor who doesn't put any "bread" in his mouth until he has sought his "daily bread." What a challenge that is to me!

As a new mom, a part-time writer, a full-time housekeeper (yuk, yuk, yuk!), a volunteer, a leader, a wife, a sister, a friend.......I can feel overwhelmed, burned out and desperate for a break. And that's when I know without a doubt I'm taking time for everyone else but me.

I strive to meet with the Lord regularly. But in order to do so I need to ask myself question #5 regularly. I fail miserably many times but thankfully God's grace is part of my daily bread that I eat up quickly!

If I am to be a woman of God I must start each day with me and God. No one else. No other person. No other ministry. No to do list. No work. Nothing else.

So here's to a brand new year....one slice at a time.

1 comment:

kim said...

Thank you so much for your kind reference to my blog. I am really enjoying your blog and the ideas that you have. I am so excited about my theme for this year and am thinking of beginning to do a mini-recap of things that God has taught me during the week on my blog on Thursdays. Thanks again for this wonderful blog.